Last updated: August 1, 2021.
The Site is provided and controlled by TikTok Pte. Ltd. (“TikTok”, “we”, “our” or “us”). Our registered office is at 1 Raffles Quay, #26-10, South Tower, Singapore 048583. We are the data controller of your personal data.
1. The types of personal data we use
Information We Collect Within the Site
We collect and process Information from you directly such as your name, email address and address.
Information You Provide To Us
Profile information. When you register on the Site or otherwise interact with us (e.g on the “Contact Us” tab on on the Site), you are required to provide certain personal data and/or business information including your name, your telephone number, your email address, your company name, your corporate location, and information to verify your identity, provide you with secure access to the Site and for future communications.
Information We Collect About You When You Use the Site
When you use the Site, we automatically collect network and device information such as your IP address, device identifier, name, type of operating system, Information obtained from Cookies (as defined below) and other tracking technologies, time zone, local settings, and server logs (which can include information like access dates and times).
Your browser may offer tools to refuse or disable Cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. In addition, your choice to disable Cookies is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you disable Cookies, so you may need to separately disable Cookies for each type of browser and device. However, please note that certain features of the Site may not work if you delete or disable Cookies.
3. How We Use Your Information
We process your Information for the following purposes:
- To enforce our terms (included those noted here) and wider TikTok policies.
- To enable us to administer, operate, and provide the Site to you so that you can access information from the Site.
- To keep the Site safe and secure.
- To respond to your business inquiries related to our products, and provide you with personalized advice about the services we offer.
- To ensure content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- To send marketing communications, including promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest relating to products and services offered. You have the ability to opt out of receiving these communications by clicking a link in the footer of each marketing communication we send.
- To develop and improve the Site, including by analyzing user activity and performing A/B testing and conducting user surveys.
- To provide you with user support, including to perform troubleshooting and notify you about changes to the Site and service related notifications.
4. How We Share Your Information
We share your Information with selected third parties who store Information in certain countries outside your country (and, for individuals located in the EU, this may mean your Information is transferred outside the European Economic Area) such as in the US, Hong Kong and Singapore, where permitted by applicable law, as follows:
- Cloud storage providers to store the Information you provide and for disaster recovery service.
- IT services providers that provide us with SaaS services, such as services enabling us to store our customer relationship management information, etc.
- Advertising, marketing and analytics services providers, including advertising tracking services and business intelligence services, to assist us in promoting the Site.
- Members, subsidiaries and/or affiliates of our corporate group to enable us to provide the Site.
- Law enforcement agencies, government authorities, or other organizations if legally required to do so, or if we believe we need to do so; to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims or enforce our terms, conditions, and policies; to detect, prevent, or otherwise address security; for fraud or technical issues; to enforce our terms, conditions, and policies; or to protect rights.
- In connection with a business reorganization, sale of some or all of our assets, purchase of some or all of the assets of another entity, or in connection with a corporate restructuring, merger, or other changes of control or financial status of ByteDance or its subsidiaries.
5. Where do we store your Information?
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at/processed in countries outside your country (and, for individuals located in the EU, outside of the European Economic Area) – including in the US, Hong Kong and Singapore. Your Information is also processed by staff operating outside your country who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
6. Security Of Your Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Site or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
7. Integration With Other Services Operated By Us Or Third Parties
The Site may integrate with, be hosted by or contain links to other applications, softwares, online platforms or services operated either by us, or by third parties. This Policy does not apply to such other applications, softwares, online platforms or services. Any information submitted by you directly to these applications, softwares, online platforms or services is subject to their respective applicable privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these other online applications, software, online platforms or services.
We expressly disclaim any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including, but without limitation to, actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Information by third parties.
8. How long do we store your Information?
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service so that we can fulfil our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such data. However, there are occasions where we are likely to keep this data for longer in accordance with our legal obligations or where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
After you have terminated your use of our Site we can store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
9. Information Relating to Children
The Site is only for users over the age of 18 and is not directed at persons under the age of 18. Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to use the Site or register on the Site.
We do not seek or knowingly collect any personal data about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal data about a child under 13 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has provided us with personal data, you may contact us to request it be deleted. See the section“Contact Us” below.
We may update this Policy from time to time. When we update the Policy, we will notify you by updating the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy when publishing the new Policy online. To the extent required by applicable law, we may also send you additional notices and/or seek your consent to material changes. We recommend that you review the Policy each time you visit the Site to stay informed of our privacy practices.
11. Contact Us
If you wish to talk with us about how we process your Information, please contact us at https://www.tiktok.com/legal/report/privacy and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible.